The Pinwheel Dashboard is broken down into 4 tabs:
- Activity: View real time performance metrics
- Console: Test the user experience
- Developers: Create and manage API Keys
- Team: Manage dashboard permissions
The ability to view and edit these tabs will depend on a user’s permissions. See the Team section below for additional detail on how to manage permissions.
Below, we have provided additional guidance on each of the aforementioned tabs.
Where customers can track performance metrics in real-time, helping them discover previously hidden segments, capture insights, fuel growth and accelerate primacy. It is broken down into key five sections:
Gives customers the ability to view, interact with, and customize their user funnel.
- To customize the funnel by time frame and/or payroll provider, click on the drop down menus at the top left hand corner of the funnel section
- Customers can edit the funnel steps by hovering over one of the steps:
- To add a step, click: "+"
- To remove a step, click: "x"
- To change a step, click: ">"
- To view the definition of a specific funnel step, hover over the (i) to the right of the step’s title
Note: We enable customization of the user experience, and this may impact the metrics shown in the Viewed Intro, Viewed Search or Viewed MFA steps of the funnel.
Shows a breakdown of performance by payroll provider.
- Platform providers in this section are ranked in order of “Switch Made”
- Formulas for percentages shown are:
- Conversion Rate = Switch Made Count / Total Users Count
- Login Success Rate = Login Success Count / Attempted Login Count
- Job Success Rate = Switch Made Count / Switch Attempt Count
- Switch Error Rate = Direct Deposit Switch Error Count / Direct Deposit Switch Attempt Count
Shares a breakdown of the direct deposit switch options users have selected. Options include:
- Amount: User chose to send a specific dollar amount from their direct deposit to the account
- Full: User switched their full direct deposit to the account
- Remainder: User chose to switch the "main" direct deposit account (also referred to as the "balance" or "remainder" account) to the account specified, leaving existing fixed or percentage deposits unchanged
- Percentage: User allocated a specific percentage of their direct deposit to the account
Provides visibility into the results of each Pinwheel job across direct deposit switch and login. These job results are broken down by:
- Success: Job completed
- Failure: Job unable to be completed due to non-Pinwheel issue
- Error: Unknown issue which we are working to diagnose
- Abandoned: User chose to exit Pinwheel flow
Use this section to better understand the breakdown of top 7 reasons jobs were unsuccessful. Common reasons include:
- System Error: Pinwheel job encountered unknown issue, often occurs when payroll provider makes an update or the user's account has a unique implementation that our job hasn't encountered yet
- Direct Deposit Disabled: The account did not support any updates to direct deposit settings
- Platform Error: Payroll platform error
- Session Timeout: The session closed after a period of user inactivity
- Invalid Existing Split: user’s requested change to direct deposit settings rejected by platform (example: user wants to add additional 50% allocation when they already have 50%-50% split. 50% + 50% + 50% = >100% which will be rejected by payroll provider)
Please refer to our Job Errors Documentation for additional detail.
Allows customers to test different user experiences. To run a test of a user experience:
- Go to the Console tab
- Fill in the following required fields:
- [Optional] Fill in additional fields or check the boxes at the bottom of the page to select further customization options
- See here for a description of these optional fields.
- Click: "Create Link Token"
- Scroll down and click: "Launch Link Modal"
- This will open up a window that demonstrates the user experience selected
- When the payroll provider Login screen appears, customers can also understand the different user experiences and flows by populating different sandbox credentials
- See here for a full list of available sandbox credentials and scenarios
Please refer to our Sandbox Documentation for additional detail on how to use the Console tab.
Where customers can view, create, and revoke API Keys for each mode. To leverage the developers tab:
- Request access to either the Development or Production modes by contacting us at [email protected]. See here for different mode descriptions.
- Once access has been granted, customers will need to create their own keys to use the API in either the Development or Production modes.
Please refer to our API Documentation for additional detail on how to use the Developers tab.
Where Dashboard Administrators can view and edit and Dashboard permissions. There are three roles with differing permissions that can be assigned:
- Administrators can view and edit all Dashboard tabs
- Developers can view and edit the Activity, Console and Developers tabs only
- Analysts can view and edit the Activity tab only
To gain access or change permissions, either:
- Reach out to your Dashboard Administrator
- Contact us at [email protected]
- Once access has been granted, the team member will receive an email prompting them to set up an account
To assign a new team member, Dashboard Administrators can:
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen, click: "+ Add New User"
- Follow the prompt to add the new team member’s email, and assign permissions
- Click: "Invite"
- The new team member will then receive an email prompting them to set up an account
Updated 26 days ago